Kiss Chapped Lips Goodbye -
Top 9 Causes Revealed
Is it possible to kiss goodbye to chapped lips forever? Yes, but like any chronic condition you must first identify the cause so you can smartly plan your remedy.
Here are the 9 most common causes of chronic lip chapping which will give you a "heads up" on identifying the culprit.
1) Cosmetics - Lipsticks contain a wide variety of chemicals that can wreak havoc on your lip's natural oils. The one watch out for is "propyl gallate" which can cause a contact allergy.
2) Lip Care Products - Believe it or not, those lip balms and moisturizers you use to treat chapped lips may make matters worse. The petroleum base used in many of these products may cause an adverse reaction for some people. Due to reports of toxic side affects the EU has recently banned petroleum from future lip care products.
3) Flavoring Agents - Although commonly overlooked many people are allergic and/or sensitive to artificial and natural flavoring agents. The main culprits are red dye (candy, lozenges, gum and mouthwash), guaiazuline (toothpaste) and cinnamon flavoring.
4) Fruit Juice - Citric acids contained in orange juice (or any other kind of juice) can severely irritate your lips. This is due to photo-toxic residue left behind on the corners of your mouth.
5) Vitamins - Too much Vitamin A and B12 can cause crusty and swollen lips. It doesn't matter if your source of vitamins comes from whole foods or supplements. Stay under 25,000 IU of Vitamin A per day and minimize your intake of cobalt contained within Vitamin B12.
6) Dehydration - Are you getting enough water? Drinking 8 to 10 glasses of water a day is not only essential for good health but is also a good preventative measure against getting chapped lips.
7) Smoking - The natural oils on your lips (which prevent dehydration) tend to dry up every time you smoke a cigarette. Another great reason to trash those cancer sticks.
8) Drugs - Side affects from some medications may also dry out your lips. Harsh acne treatments are often the culprit. Check with a dermatologist if this is something you are concerned about.
9) Fungal Infection - If none of the above causes seem to apply to you it is possible that a fungal infection may be the underlying problem. See a dermatologist for an evaluation.
Take a moment now to think about which of the above is the most likely cause of your chapped lips. Once you have narrowed down your list of likely suspects to just one take action to eliminate this from your lifestyle for at least one week.
Monitor your progress, if after a few days your lips are restored to their former glory, you now know what habit to avoid in the future. If your chapped lips have not cleared up move on to the next likely suspect, and repeat.
Product Recommendation: For persistent lip chapping that won't go away I recommend this petrolatum-free certified organic lip balm. For a complete review of 12 popular lip balm products, click this link, chapped lips.
WARNING: Do Not Buy Any Skin Care
Product Until You Read This...
Are you surprised that some well-known brands of skin care are highly toxic? To be frank with you, after thousands of hours of research I can tell you that this is just the "tip of the iceberg."
So, if you are a serious natural skin care product seeker and want to learn how to be a savvy IOC (Informed Organic Consumer) then I URGE you to become a charter member of our NSA Insider Club - while you still can.
For a strictly limited time you too can join our fast-growing private club of natural skin care lovers and get up to speed with the insider tips and tricks on how to live a natural non-toxic lifestyle. Included in your membership is the Natural Skin Care Secrets mini-course and a special bonus, the Certified Organic Skin Care Report.
Your NSA Insider Membership has two main components:
1) Natural Skin Care Secrets Mini-Course (NSCS)
This is a multi-part mini-course sent to you by email. In fact, the first issue should be in your email in-box within minutes after gaining free access.
This course will teach you step-by-step how to identify and eliminate toxins from your skin care routine. You will also get a lot of cool tools and special unadvertised bonuses throughout this course.
2) Certified Organic Skin Care Report
This report will let you in on the amazing inside story of an Australian skin care company's dramatic rise to the top of the natural skin care world.
You will discover how the words of Gandhi inspired the world's first and only USDA/ACO certified organic skin care range. You will be amazed at how a young Australian women overcame huge odds and how she eventually emerged triumphant.
Just enter your name and email address below to join NSA Insider now or Click Here for more information and reserve your position now before the price kicks in.
Your information will be kept private and will not be disclosed. You can unsubscribe from the mini-course at anytime. We hate spam as much as you do! Check your inbox for Part 1 right away.
Visit Natural Skin Care Authority: Insider Forum